Director of Investment (f/m/x)
Imagine being part of the next technological revolution. As a member of the team, you will make a significant contribution to the development of new companies with technologies at the cutting edge. We are visionaries, we are entrepreneurs, we are specialists from different fields. With our teams of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists who have deep expertise and a clear vision, we are building a series of fast-growing companies that will change the way the world works in the decades to come. Join our family at Next Big Thing AG.
As a team, we believe that motivation and passion are more important than years of professional experience.
Become part of our NBT team and support us as Head of Investment (f/m/d) in the successful fundraising of the Ventures and NBT.
- You actively support the commercial and financial due diligence process.
- You report directly to the management, prepare the deal structuring and present it to the various stakeholders.
- You develop a sustainable deal pipeline and independently lead negotiations with founders and co-investment partners.
- You coordinate external legal advisors or internal lawyers during negotiation processes.
- You support the NBT portfolio management including ongoing performance monitoring.
What you provide:
- You have extensive experience, ideally 7+ years.
- You ideally have a degree in business administration, industrial engineering or a similar field.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment such as a high-growth startup or VC fund.
- You have detailed expertise in the terms and conditions of VC deals and experience in structuring funding rounds for start-ups and bring an excellent network in the start-up scene of the DACH region.
- You have knowledge and skills in the use of various techniques for the elaboration and implementation of investment strategies in line with investment objectives as well as for effective portfolio management.
- You speak very good German and English.
Our offer to you:
Permanent full-time contract
Flexible working hours
28 holidays per year (plus 1/2 day holiday for your birthday, + Christmas and New Year off)
Hardware of your choice
Daily drinks and fruit
If you wish, subsidised membership of a Berlin sports club with over 450 locations
Modern and newly equipped office directly at the S-Bahn station Tiergarten
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to getting to know you.