Co-Founder (f/m/x) for a blockchain infrastructure startup
Next Big Thing is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €13m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
We are looking for:
An experienced and driven Co-Founder for a startup building a decentralised staking engine to power the next generation of blockchains.
- In 12 months, the value locked in staking protocols has more than doubled, currently exceeding $12 billion. Proof of Stake has introduced a number of challenges in how networks are secured and governed.
- Exchanges and other custodians are now offering staking to their users. Although they are charging high fees, they are operating some of the biggest validators. This increases the centralisation of underlying networks and raises governance questions.
- The barriers to entry to run a validator without relying entirely on a central entity remain high. The set up process often takes a set of technical skills and a high capital requirement is needed.
A software program which reduces the barrier to entry for staking participants who wish to run their own nodes.
An experienced and driven technical Co-Founder for a SaaS startup building a decentralised staking engine to first power Eth2.0. You will work closely with NBT’s venture development and engineering team to bring this product to market.
- Architect the project from the ground up
- Identify and manage the key resources to successfully deliver the project
- Be the execution lead of the project and report to your stakeholders
- Act as a startup Co-Founder, build a brand and a community
What we look for in you:
- Proficient in at least two modern languages (Go, Rust, Python, JS.…)
- Familiar with Eth2.0 economics, codebase roadmaps and clients (Lighthouse, Pegasys...)
- Experience with P2P protocols, DevOps infrastructure and writing smart contract code
- Experience working with Proof of Stake networks or DeFi projects
- Experience with linux server administration and configuration
- Experience in technical communication and community building
- You’re an open source contributor to blockchain projects
- Experience with blockchain cryptography scheme
- Experience with key security management
What to expect working with us:
- The opportunity to de-risk your startup journey, from the beginning and profit from our investment on the way
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard times
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
and many more…
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.